Last week was a busy week. On Monday I was in St. Louis. The original plans were to come back on Wednesday but because of the snow storm headed our way we decided to come back Tuesday night. On Wednesday I had to take one of the buses to get a window replaced because some idiot broke one while they were on it. I went down to the buses and bus #2 had a flat tire. So I had to schedule someone to come out and get that fixed. So, on Thursday I went back to take the bus out and it wouldn’t start! It could have been because it was 2 degrees out with -20 wind chill. So, Greg (one of our bus drivers) and I decided we’d try again on Saturday morning. After two hours of sitting on the generator, a whole can of starting fluid and 45 minutes of charging the batteries it finally started! Woohoo! So, as soon as that was done, I had a gig to do later on that I needed to get ready for that didn’t get over until 1:30am. I finally laid my head to rest at 2:30am that night (morning) and had to be up at 6:30 to get ready for a bridal show starting at 10:00am. Everything went smooth at the bridal show and Tony, Kevin, Cory and I were able to book a couple of DJ gigs, bus gigs and it looks like one photo gig so far. Sabrina, the girls and I finished out the week by going to Monterry and enjoyed some good ol Mexican food.
Okay, so part of my New Years resolution was to be a positive person right? Well, I’m a fan of Jeffrey Gitomer and he has a book called Little Gold Book of YES! Attitude. It’s pretty easy to read and get’s you thinking positive. The book is a little geared toward those in the sales profession but I think everyone can benefit from reading it. It will make you think about your daily schedule and how you can apply your time to more positive things rather than watching TV.
Buy the book today, click here.
Okay, so this year I really want to make a difference in my life. Here is my list:
1. Lose weight. What’s a list of resolutions without losing weight? I’d like to drop 20 pounds. First thing to go is pop, or for my relatives in California, soda.
2. Stop being negative. I have a real bad problem of looking for the negative in things. I’ve been trying to work on it the past couple of months but I’m going to make it a priority now.
3. Blog more. I’ve been wanting to do it for a long time but have never set aside any time to do it. 2010 is the year!
4. Volunteer more. Last year I had the opportunity to work on a Habitat for Humanity house. It really felt great at the end of the day to see what our team had accomplished. I would like to dedicate a day a month at a minimum to help out.
5. Be an awesome father and husband. Last year it really hit me how much time I spent watching sports. Don’t get me wrong, it’s always fun to sit back and watch a game. Unlike sports though, you can’t record life on your DVR and catch up with what happened. So, I’m turning off the TV and hanging out with my family. Besides the extra time I’ll have with the family, I’ll have more time to do the other things on my list.
6. Help out around the house more. Sabrina does everything around the house right now. If I help out then it should cut the time it half and give us more family time. She gets to pick what I get to do and I have to do it!
7. Overall, I want to make a difference. A difference in my own life, around my home, with my family and with my community. I want 2010 to be different from all the other years.
Okay, so after further review it looks like we lost all of our photos and links after the transfer. So, I had to do some updating this morning to bring the site back to where it was before the transfer. I also took a look at a new theme and found one I think I like. What do you think?
Thanks to GoDaddy and to WordPress for making life simple. All I did was export my blog, transfer domain, import blog and ta dah, all finished.
Yo! We have some site maintenance to perform tonight. Hopefully everything we’ll be back up without any problems. If you don’t see this message tomorrow then it didn’t go good. Wish us best of luck!
Hey everyone. Do you have all your shopping done yet? Sabrina and I went out yesterday and it was worst than Black Friday. Parking was terrible, shopping was crazy, peoples attitudes were horrible. We were able to knock off two more people on the list, Chris and Baby Landon. All I can say is Chris should be able to swim faster with a tighter fitting Speedo… 🙂
So I’m sitting inside my house wondering when is a good time to go back out and blow some snow around for the second time in four hours. When I was done with it the first time there was an inch of snow already on the drive! Dang! Looks like round two is on it’s way.